Combine traditional practices and AI copywriting tools to get the most out of your blog posts.
Brainstorming blog ideas can be difficult; as a business, you’re probably best attuned to anticipating your customer’s material needs, not necessarily their curiosities. But when executed properly, a good blog can be critical in increasing customer awareness and maintaining a loyal base.
In this brief article, we will guide you through the necessary steps you’ll need to take while creating your blog post.
1. Perform a thorough audit of your company’s strengths and values.
Before making a list of blog topics you want to write about, ask yourself: What makes your brand stand out? What makes your company, products, or services compelling to your target audience? This will help orient you in every following step.
If you’re struggling with this step, Copysmith offers an AI tool that can help you articulate and identify your brand essence.
2. Gather ideas directly from your customers.
You can gather blog ideas the same way you gather consumer feedback. Read the comments on your Instagram posts, tweets, and wherever else your online presence extends to.
Approach your customers directly. Ask them what they would like to read via social media or through an email campaign. Pose questions like what’s keeping you up at night?, what are some topics that you’d like to get more information on? Or what posts are you most drawn to? You can even ask your regular readers to fill out a quick survey that allows them to provide anonymous feedback.
It may seem obvious, yet some businesses overlook the value and cost effectiveness of direct feedback. Not only is this a fail-proof way to write content that your audience actually wants. And by including them in the creative process, they will be compelled to engage with your blog in a more meaningful way.
3. Track what content is popular using analytic tools.
Analytic platforms, like Google Analytics, track the content your readers are searching for, which posts are the most popular, which blogs users spend the most time on, and much more. Google Analytics creates a concise data report that gauges what content your customers are more likely to gravitate towards.
Answer the public allows you to see what people are searching for on the Internet by entering general search queries. In the example below, typing in “shorts for” gives you a range of relevant results that users searched for, helping you narrow and define your topic.
4. Connect your blog post to your business.
Creating peripheral blog posts with no connection to your products is a common mistake for newer companies. Your blog ideas are an important reflection of your business, it’s essential that you draft relevant articles that not only inform your reader on what to do in a predicament, but direct them to a product that might solve it for them.
Pertinent blog posts can create real business value through increased traffic, engagement, demand and interest, all of which will help to convert your audience into paying customers. In each blog post, you should strategically connect the topic to some aspect of your business, whether it be to your product or service, or to your company’s cornerstone value or belief.
5. Craft your post with precision, clarity, and engagement in mind.
It isn’t enough to offer thorough and useful information, like all content, you have to present it in a succinct and entertaining way.
Here are three key components to remember when writing your blog:
- Precision: Keep it relevant and simple. Refrain from becoming dangerously technical, stick to what you readers need to know; otherwise, you’ll lose them. As the writer, you should understand the full range of your topic, but identifying what is useful for your readers will set your blog apart.
- Clarity: Is your blog conveying the message you want to convey clearly? Your reader should understand the key points of your blog without having to reread or guess what your blog is about.
- Engagement: Is your blog hooking readers in? Does your blog effectively convey the value of your content? Make sure you can demonstrate this in your writing.
6. Optimize your blog’s SEO.
Blog Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has become one of the most consequential elements in digital marketing. Search engines are the gatekeepers of organic traffic, and if you don’t optimize your blog for search engines, you’ll be virtually invisible.
SEO is a powerful tool for optimizing your blog and giving that extra boost to your online presence. Some ways to use SEO are
- Utilize local SEO keywords (if you have a physical location)
- Use “HTTPS” on your site
- Use descriptive names for your images (ex. small_black_baby_bird.jpg)
- Use concise keywords relating to your topic
- Fix your custom metadata, you can do so by using Copysmith’s SEO meta tag generator
- Add Alt text for images.
These are just some standard ways to SEO optimize your blog so that it is ranked higher by Google’s algorithm.
7. Use artificial intelligence to create blog posts.
The future of copywriting is AI-optimized. With AI, you’ll write more concisely, in a tone that resonates with your audience, while optimizing copy for search engines.
By saving hours of work, you can get your first draft in just a few minutes. The best part: you don’t need to have a ton of experience with writing to get started.
Copysmith has developed artificial intelligence to automate the process of writing blog posts that are both compelling and SEO-friendly. By taking the guesswork out of copy-editing, you’ll have your workload reduced while producing high-quality copy for your blog.
By combining these steps, you’ll be on your way to drafting the best blog posts that optimize your engagement and conversions!
Happy Copysmithing! 🚀
We are offering unlimited blog post generation for customers on our Enterprise plan for December and January.
Enterprise customers will be able to access coaching on each new feature we roll out as well as early access to educational resources on integrating artificial intelligence advances into their workflows.